Last modified: November 4, 2015
Notations on Nonprofits (“We” or “Us”) respect your privacy and are committed to protecting it through our compliance with this policy.
This policy describes the types of information we may collect from you or that you may provide when you visit the website www.notationsonnonprofits.com (our “Site”) and our practices for collecting, using, maintaining, protecting and disclosing that information.
This policy applies to information we collect:
- On this Site.
- In e-mail, text and other electronic messages between you and Us through or as a result of using this Site.
But it does not apply to information collected by:
- Us offline or through any other means, including on any other operated by Us or any third party; or
- any third party, including any application or content (including advertising) that links to or is accessible from our Site.
Please read this carefully, it explains how we treat your personal information. If there’s something you don’t agree with, you must discontinue use. Otherwise, accessing or using our Site means you agree with this policy. By the way, this policy will change from time to time. If you continue to use of the Site after we make changes we’ll take this as your acceptance of these changes, so please check the policy periodically for updates.
Children Under the Age of 13. No one under age 13 may provide any personal information to or on the Site. And we do not knowingly collect personal information from children under 13. If we learn we have collected or received personal information from a child under 13 without verification of parental consent, we will delete that information. If you believe we might have any information from or about a child under 13, please contact us at the contact information below.
Information We Collect About You and How We Collect It. We collect different types of information from and about users of Site, including information:
- personally identifying you, such as name, postal address, e-mail address (“personal information”);
- financial details from transactions you carry out through the Site;
- about your internet connection, the equipment you use to access our Site and usage details.
We collect this information:
- Directly from you via registration forms you fill out our Site, subscribe to a service, post material or request services, enter contests or promotions, fill out research surveys or when you report a problem with our Site.
- Records and copies of your correspondence (including e-mail addresses), if you contact us.
- You also may provide information to be published or displayed (hereinafter, “posted”) on public areas of the Site (“User Contributions”). Your User Contributions are posted at your own risk. Because we can’t control other users of the Site we can’s and don’t guarantee your User Contributions will not be viewed by unauthorized persons.
- Automatically as you use the Site where it relates to things like usage details, IP addresses and information collected through cookies or other tracking technologies.
Information We Collect Through Automatic Data Collection Technologies. As you navigate our Site, we collect information about your equipment, browsing actions and patterns using automatic data collection technologies. Examples are information about:
- communication data and resources you use on the Site.
- your computer and internet connection, IP address, operating system and browser type.
Keep in mind, information we collect automatically does not include personal information and helps us improve the user experience on our Site. The technologies we use for automatic data collection may include:
- Web Beacons. Pages of the Site, and our e-mails, may contain small electronic files known as web beacons (also referred to as clear gifs. pixel tags and single-pixel gifs) that permit Us to count website visitors, who opens email and other related website statistics.
How We Use Your Information
We use information that we collect about you or that you provide to us, including any personal information to:
- present the Site and its contents to you.
- provide information on products or services you request from us.
- fulfill any other purpose for which you provide it or we may describe to when you provide the information.
- notify you about changes to our Site or any products or services we offer or provide though it.
- For any other purpose with your consent.
Disclosure of Your Information
We may disclose aggregated information about our users, that does not identify any individual, without restriction.
But with personal information we collect or you provide as described, we may disclose this:
- To contractors, service providers and other third parties supporting our business who are contractually bound to keep personal information confidential.
- To fulfill the purpose for which you provide it. For example, if you give us an e-mail address to use the “e-mail a friend” feature of our Site, we will transmit the contents of that e-mail and your e-mail address to the recipients.
- For any other purpose disclosed by us when you provide the information.
We may also disclose your personal information:
- To comply with any court order, law or legal process, including a response to any government or regulatory request.
- If we believe disclosure is necessary or appropriate to protect the rights, property, or safety of Us or others.
Choices About How We Use and Disclose Your Information
We work to provide you with choices regarding the personal information you provide to us. If you do not wish to have your e-mail address used by Us to promote our own or third parties’ products or services, you can opt-out by checking the relevant box located on the form on which we collect your data or by sending us an e-mail stating your request to email@example.com. If we have sent you a promotional e-mail, you may send us a return e-mail asking to be omitted from future e-mail distributions. This opt will not apply to information provided to Us as a result of a product purchase, product service experience or other transactions.
We do not control third parties’ collection or use of your information to serve interest-based advertising. However these third parties may provide you with ways to choose not to have your information collected or used in this way. You can opt out of receiving targeted ads from members of the Network Advertising Initiative (“NAI”) on the NAI’s website.
Accessing and Correcting Your Information
You may send us an e-mail at firstname.lastname@example.org to request access to, correct or delete any personal information you have provided to us. We may not accommodate a request to change information if we believe the change would violate any law or legal requirement or cause the information to be incorrect.